Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Encounters in Bristol.

Last weekend I found myself walking the streets in Bristol in UK...
I was fortunate to have my film "Guilt" participating in the Short and animation film festival "Encounters"
Big program, with lots of films and workshops. 
I fell in love with the city immediately. It was full of life, hills, colorful houses in rows and all those places to dine in.
Above the crowd is observing a work by Banksy. Which as you can see has been vandalized with blue paint.
There weren't many bicyclers in this town. Some streets were really steep. I didn't even want to think about tall the hazardous adventures one might have if they froze over.
I felt like taking photos of many dogs for some reason.
Some nice informative wall art in a really narrow hall.
From the Bristol cathedral. A magnificent lime stone structure from the 12th century.

Some fashion of the Friday night on the Saturday morning.
Everybody was just smiling. 
And isn't wonderful when strangers call you "love"?
All the bouquets were just perfect. Not a glimpse of anything ugly or tasteless. And I think that a twig of an eucalyptus fixes almost everything. Like the high heels come to aid to any outfit.
There was an antiques fair in one of the main old town streets.
So much great stuff at reasonable prices. Unfortunately I only had a small backpack with me.

Oh how I wanted to take this house constructor with a box with me!
I have an identical Chinese miniature! It looks old, so it can not be laser cut.
I love this pottery. Does anybody know what is it called?
Look at the cup with a mustache protector! If I only had one. And my husband doesn't care :-)
Ah, more great ceramics. I saw a guy stroking the owl.
Why not going  to do some birding in these heels? No need to leave the parks. I saw a wren from really up close. And listened to a robin sing in full view a couple of meters away. Robins a very shy in Lithuania. I only saw one when banding.
Where ever one looks, there is always something juicy to gaze at.
Food market. I had a Moroccan lunch in one of the small boxes. It was all padded with carpets.
Dirt graffiti!
This looks very familiar. I recognize the style, but can not remember the author. Help me out here, please.

I saw these ferns growing in a corner behind The Bristol aquarium. Didn't expect to see such exotic plants here!

I stumbled upon Cabot tower in Brandon park totally by accident. And what a view it was! The tower of Bristol university was the most massive visible building.

A morning ritual.
Another morning ritual.
The tree will soon grow out it's cage.
The Cabot tower itself. I must warn, the stairs were extremely narrow and spirally.
There was a marathon on Sunday! I was standing, looking at all those faces in agony.  Wondering, why would people do that to themselves. I even saw a guy moaning as he ran.
Little did I know I would have my small version of a marathon in Brussels airport that very evening. The bus to the airport was late, the flight to Brussels was even later. So I had to run for ten minutes with a heavy bag on my shoulders.
Pardon me, but the dogs were worth the attention. I wish I haven't been lazy and snapped that black french bulldog on a blue towel.

A detail of a table.

No comments: