Monday, August 22, 2016

White cat wasn't there


I have been meditating for the whole past week. It's called paint ferns with the smallest brush you have meditation.
 Sometimes I walk through a nice old cemetery. And an odd thing happened on two occasions. One time I thought I saw a white cat sneaking down in ferns. But it just was a white sculpture. 
Another time I cought a ginger cat walking next to me in the corner of my eye. I turned my head to find out it was just a reflection of trees in a puddle moving along with me.
 Anyway, here is the white cat. I was planing to surround it in ferns, but I couldn't resist the other colors and shapes.


The work in progress.

 Each time I start painting plants I tell myself I can do without the help of books or internet.
But nature has done a much greater job imagining things!
The two books I used for reference.
I am so happy with this fern book I bought in a thrift store in USA. It's a bit creepy, but it has this old person smoking in his home smell. I both distaste and love it!

No comments: