Tuesday, July 12, 2011

I've missed C. Darwin's birthday!

I've missed  this film. It has been  created by BBC to honor Charles Darwin's 200 birth anniversary.
A very brief (unfortunately) look at the origin of species.
And at the end of it I was concerned with this : did Richard Owen turn in his grave when  C. Darwin's statue  was placed instead of his in the main hall of the Natural history museum. (R. Owen did very much work improving the museum and disagreed with C. Darwin on his theory. They were basically enemies...)
And I could say I celebrated in my own way today-I've bought a carnivorous plant! A Venus' Flytrap ( Dionaea muscipula). My very first one.
And there is a photo of a random bug on the kitchen window, staring judgmentally (or scared, more likely, judging by the size of the eye balls) at me and at the killer on a window sill.



No comments: