Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Summer reading




I can't recall what other books I have been reading this summer. 
But here are the few that came to mind and reading them gave me a great pleasure.
I think a book qualifies as a good one if it makes me laugh in that hysterical type of laugh. The one you can not get out of that easily and just giggle away for a few more minutes.
I love all travel books by Bill Bryson. But his memoirs were just the best!
Douglas Adams is also a favorite. He was surprised even more than me to find himself writing documentary on endangered animals. "Last chance to see" was written in 80's. Aren't you curious how these animals are doing nowadays?
"The man who mistook his wife for a hat" by Oliver Sacks. This one simply blew my mind away! It studies cases of people with brain damage or mental impairment. Even though written in 60's the book is still up to date because it seems that lots of things our brain comes up with are still considered to be a mystery.
I am still on the autobiography "Me talk pretty one day" by David Sedaris. Some language and situations make me think of Bill Bryson. And I don't mind that! Made me laugh out loud on few occasions.
"Daily rituals. How artists work" by Mason Currey comes in-handy if you happen to be lost in your creative work. Or if you can not become lost (which is much worse). Also the book is right for you if you are interested in famous people and juicy details.
"Steal Like an Artist: 10 Things Nobody Told You About Being Creative" by Austin Kleon. The title talks for itself, believe me!




No comments: