Wednesday, June 14, 2017

Our cat Vambola


 Hello, meet Vambola. Our Cornish rex 4 month old kitten. 
She came back with us from  AstraRex kattery in Kaunas, Lithuania, together with two more birds-Society finches.
 Vambola is an old name for a man, but our cat is a girl. I like how the name sounds and I think the cat really doesn't mind. It's just funny each time we call it out loud.
I really wanted to have a dog and tried all possible breeds, but my allergy is equally bad towards all of them. 
This particular cat breed is very dog like. Perfect for me, as I wanted a real companion, even when it is older. Cornish rexes keep their kitten attitude all their lives.
 And my favorite dogs are sight hounds, so this cat is like a whippet of the cat world. Also, it's fur is amazing! So soft, I constantly want to touch it. Which is perfect as Vambola seeks contact a lot.
 Her favorite place is on top of the orchid lamp, naturally.
And it seems all our animals have matching colors. Even the birds, except for one dark society finch. And the insects, of course.
When the guinea pigs are not running around, the cat uses them as pillows. The piggies in turn, lick cat's paws. 
But as soon as the pigs are on the floor or in their cage, I can see the hunter instinct awaken.
Birds are also in danger, but so far, the cat responds well to water spray technique :-D

No comments: