Another jumping puppet I made the other day. A golden pangolin. Actually, there's no such animal. It's a giant pangolin.
An animal, who has more than one curious trait.
- 8 species of pangolins are found on two continents. Asian and African species.
- Did you know, pangolin's tongue is attached near it's pelvis and last pair of ribs, and when fully extended is longer than the animal’s head and body.
- They roll up into a scaly ball when threatened.
- They don't have teeth and swallow pebbles to help food digestion, just like birds.
- Pangolins carry their young in a very funny way: the cub grabs the base of mommy's tail and rides on it. I think I should have made that baby for my puppet.
- And recently I found another detail. It's more than a detail and is scandalous to say the least. Check it here!
- Another fact is maybe even less known and it's definitely a sad one. All the 8 species range from . The animals are hunted by ton annually. For food, interior decor and medicine.
How can we HELP?