Wednesday, May 25, 2016

The romance of a Vulture and a Squirrel

I had this fun commission to create a portrait of a couple, but depicting animals, not the actual people. The technique is a mix of colored pencils and monotype of two kinds. I spent quite some time planing how to approach them. 
 I first painted the red dress on the glass and pressed the paper onto it. You can see some of the different results here. Later I drew the lines on the same paper, while it was facing paint covered glass. You can find lots of videos on monotype technique on internet.
 It was tricky to place the lines in the correct places as I had to lift the paper sheet three times. I used both red and black paint. The vulture shirt was stenciled with a sponge. And the background devoured two colored pencils of different shade.



No comments: