Friday, June 3, 2016

..............................................

I accidentally came across this old monotype print of mine. I don't like the granny at all, but I look at the lines and imagine I couldn't do it again, I mean not in that constrained fashion any way. So I thought I will give it a try again.
 As I suspected, the new print was lees clean and somewhat rushed. But that's new me I guess. Has been for a while at least.
Some places had too much paint, but we learn from our mistakes, right?
And so, the first layer was white. Arg, too mush paint. I thought I would be smarter the next step and remove it by pressing some paper onto it. But alas...
Second layer-red! The new roller was so bad that it left scratched out places on the paint. But looks interesting, doesn't it?
A bit better, but still too much paint. OMG, I see red! Stay calm, stay calm. 
 After the final black color I still feel a bit disappointed as I once again haven't succeeded to remove the correct amount of paint off the glass. Let's blame the bad roller.
 The hands are almost gone, but here the black paint fits well I think. A bit dirty, rotten look. 

And this is what the negative side looks like, the side one draws on. Much cleaner,but boring, right?

No comments: