Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Shallow grave

Damn Netflix and Sherlock Holmes! I have been stuck to the I pad for a while now. Watching "Elementary" while eating or whenever I got a free minute.
 The series is also to blame for the name of this lino-cut print. No wonder-solving murders everyday.
 Anyway, I enjoyed making this print a lot, but got somehow tired of it too. Lino carving is a tedious work. And as I am not experienced I almost never know how it will tun out. Surprise every time.

 I am not saying I don't like the result. I do, but I wish I had more control over the process itself. I was told, I need a softer linoleum. Well, considering the fact I as cutting  a very hard material, makes me think I could do much better. We'll see!
Let me know if you would like to have one of these prints. Each one is unique. The heads and feet are positioned differently each time.

No comments: